20 May 2013 150 Around 2,300 indigenous participants are expected to discuss culture, education and health during the 12th session of the United Nations Permanent Forum on Indigenous Issues, which will include a special focus on youth, indigenous groups in Africa and the importance of strengthening ties with international financial institutions. "We must have a better understanding of the ...
India and Britain have signed an MOU for cooperation in the field of health. The MoU was signed by Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Secretary of State for Health, UK, Jeremy Richard Hunt last evening in Geneva. Describing the agreement as a historic event and a great milestone, Azad noted with optimism that this agreement is going to usher in a new era of cooperation in the health ...
Woodruff-Sawyer & Co. named Chad Follmer health care practice Leader. Follmer has focused his 20-year career on insurance and risk management strategies developing and leading platforms to serve health care organizations and life sciences companies. He has lead several practices around this specialty and was most recently managing director, health care and life science practice leader for ...
/enpproperty--> A boom is on the horizon in the market for medical products in the southwestern Chinese province of Sichuan, said the CEO of a firm that specializes in the field. Chen Zhiliang, general manager of Cardinal Health (Sichuan) Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, said the region's ever-growing medical infrastructure is certain to create a large demand for his company's products. ...
The chief executive of a Miami, Florida hospital has pledged to begin addressing one of the most dysfunctional aspects of the American health care system, ...
17°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the ENE at 16 MPH
The Thirteenth Floor
There have been a number of American films in the last few years that have been built on the notion of questioning What is reality? These include "Dark City," which played with the idea of implanted memories, "The Truman Show," which gave us a TV studio masquerading as the real world, and, most recently, "The Matrix," with its alien-imposed, prison-like virtual world. What these films have ... ...
Millions of people who rely on check-cashing stores, like this one in New York City, could run into trouble buying health ...
By Ivan Oransky NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The importance of health literacy hit home for Lisa Gualtieri when a Cambodian refugee diagnosed with cancer asked her to act as a patient advocate. She played the role of a "salty tongue," a Cambodian expression that paints outspokenness in a positive light. But even though the patient's family was in the room when doctors took the ...
Minnesota health officials say more than two-dozen people have been sickened by eating raw Mexican-style cheese. The Minnesota Department of Health said Monday, May 20, at least 25 Minnesotans became sick with salmonella linked to eating queso fresco made with unpasteurized cheese. The state health department, the Minnesota Department of Agriculture and the city of Minneapolis have been ...
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two lawmakers are seeking to strip broad secrecy provisions from the California agency overseeing implementation of President Barack Obama's health care ...
Slow Progress on GAAP and IFRS Convergence; Optionality for Impairments Increases Significant differences will remain between the GAAP and IFRS accounting standards in 2013, although cooperation and progress continues on some remaining joint projects, according to Fitch Ratings. The pipeline of new standards promises increasing commonality between the two platforms over coming years. Progress ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hyatt Regency Almaty, Kazakhstan
The Hyatt Regency Almaty is a near new luxury hotel situated in the central business district of Almaty near the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Toronto TelegraphToronto Telegraph | Breaking Toronto & Canada News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Toronto news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Toronto Telegraph is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Toronto.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Toronto weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Toronto Telegraph is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has declined association with video-related clips that show him smoking cocaine.
Someone who tried to sell it to Toronto Star newspaper filmed the footage on a smartphone.
Toronto Star reporters were shown the video by an anonymous tipster in a car park. The newspaper claims that it did not pay money for the video and did not obtain the copy of the same and hence could not verify the authenticity of the footage.
According to the BBC, Ford denied the allegations and claimed it was another defamatory story by Toronto Star against him. His lawyer Dennis Morris told the newspaper that a probe is on regarding the video's existence and authenticity.
The footage appeared to show the mayor in a well-lit room inhaling from what appeared to be a glass crack pipe.
The Toronto Star editorial demanded answers for the act.
Meanwhile, the editor of the U.S. online news website Gawker, John Cook, in his blog, has claimed to have seen the clip, but did not want to pay the six-figure amount asked for by the video owner.
Ford's lawyer has sent an email to Gawker, threatening legal action. (ANI)
- MF Global trustee liquidates brokers CME Group memberships
- Japan finance minister wants BOJ to have thorough dialogue with government bond market
- Seven West names TV boss as new CEO
- ASX falls at open after Wall St closes lower
- Financial Markets Confused Over Tolls Ruling VDOT
- Politics in the Pub Education - the way forward
- Editorial Obama’s weak record on freedom of the press
- Editorial Bellevue Council needs clarity on ethics rules
- Editorial Return of anti-gay crime is disturbing
- Editorial Gay marriage is a large liberal step
- About 90 acres of Aspen Mountain to reopen for Memorial Day weekend skiing snowboarding
- Jamie Barrow For Gb Speed Snowboarding Record
- 15-year-old Mitchie Brusco is first to nail incredible 1080 in X Games competition
- UAE First Arab Country to Receive Full Membership of International Ice Hockey Federation
- UPI Thoroughbred Racing Roundup
- Rumor Google To Add SDN Smarts to Android
- CTIA Digital Life Pays Off for ATT
- Fall TV Networks woo viewers lost to cable online
- Microsoft Fires Xbox Bullet at Cables STB
- It’s Official Deborah Turness Named President of NBC News
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- Pharmaceutical production in Syria slashed
- Two Pakistani Nationals Extradited to District of Columbia to Face Charges Involving Illegal Pharmaceutical Shipments
- Lab Balance with Q-Apps
- Healthcare Privacy and the Cloud
- Indigenous culture youth among key topics as UN permanent forum opens 12th session
- India UK sign MoU on cooperation in health sector
- Follmer to Head Health Care Practice for Woodruff Sawyer in California
- Cardinal Health spies opportunity in Sichuan
- Hospital CEO Pledges To Make Health Care Prices Public
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Toronto Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Talibans talks offer should be taken seriously Nawaz Sharif
- India and China enhance bilateral ties through eight pacts LeadEigh agreements
- Early resolution of boundary question water issue key to improved Sino-India tiesPM
- Engineered bacteria use hydrogen carbon dioxide to produce electricity