DURBAN / LONDON - South Africa's biggest generic drug maker Aspen Pharmacare and its subsidiary Aspen Global Incorporated have made an offer to acquire thrombosis drugs and their associated manufacturing site at Notre Dame de Bondeville, France, from GlaxoSmithKline (GSK). "AGI will acquire from GSK the Arixtra and Fraxiparine/Fraxodi brands and business worldwide, except in China, Pakistan ...
In a few months, we will know exactly how much Teva Pharmaceutical compensates ceo Jeremy Levin. The drugmaker has agreed to settle a ...
Mapi Pharma has obtained US patent protecting process and preparation of Tapentadol, indicated for the oral treatment of moderate to severe-acute pain in the US and Europe. The US patent is titled 'Intermediate Compounds and Processes for the Preparation of Tapentadol and Related Compounds'. Using easily available reagents, the patented and cost effective process fitting scalable ...
Daiichi Sankyo Company is seeking approval for an oral antiplatelet agent prasugrel hydrochloride to treat ischemic heart diseased patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) in Japan. The company has submitted a new drug application to the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare in Japan for prasugrel. Data from phase 3 trial carried out in Japanese patients with acute coronary ...
T3D Therapeutics has obtained exclusive global rights to develop and commercialize oral, highly selective, dual nuclear receptor agonist DB959 from DARA BioSciences. Targeting peroxisome proliferator activated receptor delta (PPARd), DB959 was developed by DARA through Phase 1 trials for the treatment of diabetes and dyslipidemia. As per the company's strategic plan to focus on the ...
Winds: From the ENE at 8 MPH
David Mamet's play-turned-film, "Oleanna," is about a number of things -- sexual harassment, higher education, the battle of the sexes, the role of the middle class -- but more than anything, it is about power. The film takes two characters, a pedantic liberal arts professor named John (William H. Macy) and a confused, female student named Carol (Debra Eisenstadt), and depicts their desire for pow ... ...
Eli Lilly and Company has opted to presume all development and commercialization rights to type 2 diabetes drug candidate, TT-401, under the deal with Transition Therapeutics. The assumption of rights to TT-401, a dual agonist of the Glucagon-Like Peptide-1 and glucagon receptors, by Eli Lilly triggers a $7m milestone payment to Transition. As per the amended agreement between the companies, ...
The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research (MJFF) has announced a second grant to Civitas Therapeutics to advance the research of its lead product CVT-301. The $1m funding will support later stage clinical trial of inhaled formulation of levodopa that is developed as an adjunct PRN therapy offering relief from intermittent debilitating motor fluctuations (OFF) impacting a ...
The National Institutes of Health has awarded $12.7 million to match nine academic research groups with a selection of pharmaceutical industry compounds to explore new treatments for patients in eight disease areas, including Alzheimer's disease, ...
Resveratrol, derived from grapes and red wine, may or may not turn back the clock, but it appears to peel off pounds (Photo: Photobucket public domain) How much more news about weight loss supplements can there be to share? More every year, it turns out, as researchers synthesize new plant-derived compounds and test methods to optimize them for effectiveness. Based on studies released in the ...
European Commission Vice-President Joaqun Almunia announced on Wednesday (June 19) fines totalling nearly €150 million on pharmaceutical companies that the Commission judges guilty of illicit agreements to blunt competition in the market for anti-depressant medicines. Lundbeck, a Danish company, is fined €93.8 million, and a handful of generic companies are fined a total of € 52.2 ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
The Diplomat SAS Radisson Bahrain
Arriving at Bahrain International Airport I followed the signs through to Immigration to have my passport checked, and to buy ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Toronto TelegraphToronto Telegraph | Breaking Toronto & Canada News
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Toronto news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Toronto Telegraph is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Toronto.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Toronto weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Toronto Telegraph is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
University of Toronto scientists have found pockets of water that had been sitting 2.4 kilometres underneath the Earth's surface for more than a billion years.
Earth sciences professor Barbara Sherwood, who admitted that she had tasted it from time to time, revealed that the water has the consistency of maple syrup and is much saltier than seawater, News.com.au reported.
She told the LA Times that it tastes terrible and is much saltier than seawater.
The water is transparent when it first comes out from the rocks it has been trapped between but quickly turns an orange colour as the minerals within it, such as iron, begin to form.
The rocks the water is trapped in formed about 2.6 billion years ago on what used to be an ancient ocean floor. The scientists suspect that the trapped water could be remnant ocean water, which got stuck as it moved through the cracks in the rock.
The results of this discovery were published in scientific journal Nature last month. (ANI)
- Europe faces uphill battle over youth unemployment
- Market Snapshot U.S. stocks in mild retreat on Fed day
- Futures Movers Oil edges up before inventory data Fed news
- Will EUR Bulls Face The FOMC Matador
- Markets On Edge Before Bernanke Speaks
- Bait And Twitch Vice Magazine Suicide Glamour And Not Staying Quiet
- Letters Not the Same Slippery Slope
- Is Narcissism Always Inevitable in Leadership
- Redundant in Israel on New Years Day
- Shame on our Media
- F5 Targets Mobile Network Security
- ‘Anchorman The Legend Continues’ Will Be About The Perfect Subject The Rise of Cable News
- P Diddy to launch cable music channel Revolt TV
- Got broadband Access now extends to 94 percent of Americans.
- Alcatel-Lucent Builds Future Around IP
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- How Much Teva Agrees To Disclose Executive Pay
- Mapi Pharma obtains US patent for Tapentadol analgesic
- Daiichi Sankyo seeks approval for oral antiplatelet agent in Japan
- T3D Therapeutics wins exclusive global rights to DB959 from DARA BioSciences
- Kim K and Kanye Wests baby is meant to be says pal Brittny Gastineau
- What workers hate about work culture at Facebook
- This is how I am Ahlam the true show-stopper on Arab Idol
- Strange bedfellows are opposing the Farm Bill
- Build A Movement Not A Campaign And Youll Ignite Passion In Your Brands True Believers
- Kitten 1000-mile trip three-week-old Julia Di Sieno
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may double risk of having autistic kids
- Brazil to produce H1N1 flu vaccine
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Ian Brady remains chronically psychotic metal health tribunal hears
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Toronto Telegraph headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Yamuna water level rises above danger mark
- Rawat expresses satisfaction over rescue relief operations in flood-affected Uttarakhand
- One-billion-year-old water saltier than seawater
- Wood Group Mustang Growing in Denver
- Quantum Completes Alternative Fuel Engine Development for Mahindra and Mahindra